Today is my Grandma's 86th birthday and I feel fortunate that I was able to enjoy lunch with her this afternoon. She did not know that I was in town yet so it was a surprise to see me sitting at the restaurant when she arrived. I feel so blessed to have my Grandma in my life. My children have had an opportunity to really get to know her and feel of her love. My children, as well as my nieces and nephews, lovingly call her Grandma Great. What a fitting name for a great lady. My Grandma has been deaf since she was seven years old, but that has never stopped her from participating in everything with her family. One of her greatest pleasures comes from going out to eat with her grands and great grands and watching the action. She loves to see the relationships between her family and the vibrancy of life in children. I love my Grandma and I am glad I was able to help celebrate her birthday today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
That is so sweet! She sounds like a wonderful woman. I am glad that you got to be there and surprise her too!
enjoy the rest of your trip!
how fun that you were in town for her birthday! my gram turns 83 on easter and we'll be celebrating with her, which is fun. we miss you! but I bet you're not sad you're missing the snowstorm!
Grandma Great is one of my favorite in-laws! :-) I must admit I was shy around her at first, but the more time I've spent around her, the more I've realized just how funny she is. She has treated me like one of her own grandkids, which makes me smile.
HELLO UPDATE YOUR BLOG
Sorry GG
Post a Comment