Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquake!

Good morning Chicago! Matt and I were awakened this morning to a little bit of shaking. I could feel things moving and the windows were rattling. Matt said a train went by about the same time but he could tell it wasn't just noise from a train. The news reporters say it was a 5.4 quake about 230 miles south of Chicago. What an exciting way to start the day. This is not a regular occurrence around here so I guess you could say it is fun to have experienced it, especially since there was no damage here.

6 comments:

Sarah S said...

Isn't that so weird??? Crazy day!

Katie said...

This is McNuts!!!!

By the way -- when I open your blog and the music comes on -- George always starts dancing!

Joe said...

I know I've experienced earthquakes in my life, living in California in my youngest years, but I don't remember them. I am kind of scared for the Big One here, and I just hope that I am not at the University of Utah's FAMB when it strikes. That building almost collapses when somebody coughs.

Beckie said...

nope missed it! I had finally fallen asleep between all the hacking and coughing...

Anonymous said...

I saw this link on Kaydi's blog! I was in a singles ward w/ Matt many years ago in Flagstaff! So fun to see your cute family!

Young Family said...

I like your new blog skin.