
Who said you can't have any fun during
winter in Chicago? What is one to do, stay inside and enjoy looking at the
gray blustery skies from a window? Not if you live in my house. We go
outside in the winter, that is what coats are made for. Sarah and I decided that we would take a little walk today since the weather was supposed to be a warm 4o degrees
(warm compared to last weeks sub-zero temps). By the time we were ready to hit the pavement, it had started to
sprinkle but we could not dissapoint the poor little girl who had got excited at the prospects of venturing outdoors so we bundled the kids and off we went. Where would one walk on such a drab day you might ask. Where else but to the bridge to take pictures of the icy river. Yes, I
strolled my children in the
cold and parked them on the bridge so that Sarah and I could play photographer for a while. We take what we can get, and if that is a
windy walk in winter, at least we left the house
(not to mention that both children are now napping at the same time).
1 comment:
It was definitely colder than I was expecting - that wind was whipping all around us. But the icy river pictures are pretty cool!!
Thankfully Eli stayed asleep when I brought him inside... it's so blustery out there that it's making me feel like a nice afternoon nap... :)
Post a Comment