Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Cold Weather Spending

I was talking to a friend yesterday and mentioned that her blog was costing me money. We started talking about our online shopping trends which appear to coincide with the weather. Sound strange? Yesterday I mentioned the cold weather that we are enjoying, and how it tends to keep me indoors. Well, I just can't bear to drag my poor baby and little girl outside so I spend time reading blogs and "looking" for things online. I am pretty disciplined when it comes to money, but the longer I am cooped up inside, the more I want to splurge.
Let me share some of my recent finds. For Christmas, I received an awesome bundt pan, but needed a good recipe to use to bake a cake in it. As I searched, I came across a stadium bundt that I thought would be fun to use for a birthday cake for boys or for super bowl parties etc. That led me to the tea cakes & candies pan. Which finally led to the cutest pancake pan. I did not purchase any of these products, but they are definitely on my shopping list. Instead I made a more "practical" purchase of a new family size waffle maker. I am still waiting for it to arrive, but don't worry, I will include pictures when I receive it.

2 comments:

Sarah S said...

I LOVE the tea cakes bundt pan!! I'm putting it on my birthday wish list for sure (too bad it's not until November :)

I actually thought of another cooking purchase that I'd like to make - a bread machine. If anyone has a favorite, leave a comment!!

Beckie said...

and then we can come over for waffels? I love the different bundt pans!