This evening we were fortunate to view the Lunar eclipse. I heard about it on the news this evening and read about it on the internet. As it peaked my interests, I made a point to keep track of the time this evening and have my camera ready. Unfortunately, I do not have a telephoto lens yet and therefore did not want to drag out the tri-pod so I will have to rely on other photographers to capture the event for me. I did however get this picture of my boys viewing the eclipse (you can see the moon at the top of the picture).
We thought that Christopher would think it was fun to see, so we got him out of bed. He and Matt watched through the window for quite awhile and then decided to bundle up and head outside (it is about 2 degrees). The view is much better outdoors and was definitely worth braving the cold. I started the cocoa-latte machine and headed out with them. We called Papa to see if he was watching the moon with us but the skies were too cloudy in his neck of the woods. He enjoyed listening to the description from Christopher and that was probably every bit as good for him.
I am glad that we were able to witness the eclipse with Christopher as this is the last lunar eclipse until December 2010. Check out this article to read more about the eclipse. Christopher enjoyed staying up late, drinking hot chocolate and hanging out with mom and dad, I am sure he will remember this for a long time.


1 comment:
FUN! I took Marlee out too. She had all sorts of questions about it and of course I had no answers, so I will have to read up on this to explain to her why this happens. I wish we had the coco machine yum!!
Post a Comment