Monday, March 30, 2009

Bedtime Stories

Christopher doesn't go to bed anymore. His new ritual is to take a flashlight to bed with him and read. Last night I went in and told him it was time to go to sleep and he asked if he could read two more pages to finish the chapter. Shortly thereafter, he came and told me that he was really getting into the book and it was getting so good couldn't he just keep reading. I gave in and told him he could have 15 more minutes. Later, he was proud to report that he had finished the book. He was not at all tired at that point and stayed up until about 11 pm. I don't think the two hour nap after church helped, but I am sure it felt nice after a weekend of late night reading sessions. I love to see him enjoy reading, and it reminds me of my brother who also took a flashlight to bed with him when he was young.

5 comments:

Joe said...

Christopher, may I recommend War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy?

cathy said...

Hurray Christopher! Do we need to go back to Borders?
Love Grandma

Young Family said...

What a good boy!

Amy said...

Christopher looks so grown up! How fun to have such a reader. We miss you guys. Remember, if you ever want to come visit we have a garage for you. :)

Lara said...

what a great problem to have...a child staying up to read! what a great kid!