We were so lucky to have my Mom come visit and celebrate our birthdays with us. We kept so busy trying to get things put together in the house that we almost looked right past the special days.
For my birthday, I enjoyed going to lunch with my Mom and shopping. Matt was able to come home from work a little early, so he tookthe kids to Target and they chose some great cards and gifts or me.
Mom agreed to stay home with the kids and get them to bed while Matt and I went out to dinner at The Melting Pot. This was our first visit, and it was so fun and yummy. We really enjoyed our "birthday date".
Saturday was the big day for our little guy and I am glad that he is only one because he probably would have thought it to be a pretty lame day.
We started the morning by watching Christopher's soccer game. Following the game we went home and cleaned up leaves. My Mom bought Matt a gift, a leaf blower, so we had to try it out. We ended up working in the yard for 3 hours and Matt never got to try the new toy. My Mom and I sure had fun. We did take a break to let the kids jump in the leaves and to take some pictures.
We ended the day by driving south and enjoying the beautiful fall colors. We came across a pumpkin patch so we stopped and each picked a pumpkin to carve. Megan's favorite part was all the kids toys in the shed while we searched for the perfect pumpkin.
All in all it was a Great weekend and we loved having Mom here to celebrate with us.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
One already! Give the little guy hugs and kisses from us and tell him we love him. I bet the kids thought it was a great way to spend the day. Are you carving pumpkins this week?
You'll have to post more pictures -that one of Nathan is so cute. Happy birthday to Nathan - I can't believe it's been a year already.
So where are pictures of his birthday?
Post a Comment