The lights are on again and we LOVE it. I didn't know that living in Ohio we would experience hurricane weather, but we do.
Sunday night our power went out and did not come back on until Wednesday afternoon. The fact that the neighbors behind me had power made it extra frustrating. It can get pretty tricky trying to figure out what to feed small children when you have no hot water, no microwave, stove or refrigerator. I felt like I was starving my little baby.
I did get a kick out of watching my kids try to turn different things on and not fully understanding what a power outage was. When the lights came on, Megan looked at the light, smiled and ran straight to the TV, when it turned on she said, "cartoons". She was content and no longer wanted to leave home.
I seriously got chills when I realized that we actually had power. I am so happy
Thank you to our friends for all the help we received. We appreciate the dinners, bathtubs, refrigerators and phone calls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I had no idea that your power went out. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult life would be to have children and no power. Well-i'm glad you're back!
I am SO glad your power is back on! Last week - I had a random power outage for two days in my home - the ONLY one on the BLOCK! And ComEd said isn't wasn't on their end - too bad they never checked until I called AGAIN. What I was most upset about is that I had just come home from the grocery store and all I could think about was my food! I am sure you felt the same among MANY MANY other things. I am so sorry it was out for SOOOO long! and super happy it is back on. Power just makes life a WHOLE lot easier. (I am a bit sad (totally selfishly) that we didn't get to deliver a pizza to you!) but it's WAY better to have the power on!!!
by the way - I miss you!
I am so so so happy you have power again! Aren't you glad to have email and Internet working again too?? Ahhhhhh.
I'm so happy for you that the power is back! I bet you are glad you are not Amish?!! Sorry about Friday...we might not even be there tomorrow. Hugs
It was exciting to be on the phone with you when the lights came on. It was like you were in disbelief!
Post a Comment