Friday, July 18, 2008

Milkshakes

Who knew that finding a milkshake could be so hard? I lived in Illinois for two years and never found a real milkshake, you know the kind that is thick and you eat with a spoon. I have now moved and find myself in the same dilemma. I never imagined that an Arctic Circle or Iceberg, above the rim, thick and flavorful milkshake was so uncommon. While serving a mission in Switzerland I met people who knew about Iceberg milkshakes and even they knew a good thing when they found it. Matt and I are going through serious milkshake withdrawal. We make a point of stopping at Arctic Circle every time we visit Utah but it is summer time, shake time and there is nothing here. I am ready to contact Arctic Circle and suggest they open an airport location so that we out of towners can indulge on some creamy goodness while we wait for our planes. My other idea is to get all the student loans payed off and open a franchise in a location that is convenient for me.
Tell me what you think. Do you have a favorite milkshake or better yet do you know where I can get one? Why don't you go indulge in a milkshake in my honor, my favorite is raspberry cheesecake, with hot fudge that turns hard.

6 comments:

The Monkey Mama said...

Hi Rach-
I have no suggestions for where to find a milkshake as I live in the milkshake land that you miss so much. But I will send you my sympathies.
You could make them... we had banana chocolate milkshakes for dinner one night last week. The boys thought it was the coolest thing ever.
Love ya,
The Monkey Mama

Lindsay said...

I'm sorry there's no milkshakes for you there either...are there any Dairy Queen's? That's what I love. I miss you tons. Hope you're loving it there.

Joe said...

http://www.clevescene.com/bestof/2005/award/best-milkshakes-28244/

Young Family said...

They are opening a new iceberg right next to my house. We can't wait to walk over and get one. I'll be sure to take a picture of me enjoying my shake.

Sarah S said...

Did you ever get an Oberweis shake?? They are pretty delish. I'm sorry we ran out of time to go get one before you moved away.

I'm missing our walks Rachael! Hope you're doing well.

Krazy Khania said...

Come on you have to have had one good milkshake in IL. Maybe Isaac should make you one.