Christopher is 6 today.
I have not hooked up my computer yet so I cannot post any pictures, but I thought I would take a minute and write about the big day.
The events started just after 11 am with the opening of gifts. Christopher was very pleased with his loot. We heard a lot of "sweet" as he unwrapped things. Next, we headed to the front yard to play baseball. Christopher and I were the Indians (home team) and Matt and Megan were the Cubs. The Indians won but I don't remember the score. It was pretty watm outside so we were all happy to head inside for lunch. Following lunch, the Hot Wheels stunt tracks were assembled and we watched the kids run the cars through the stunts. It was now naptime for the little one so we put him down and headed to the front yard to Slip 'n Slide. Christopher and Meagan loved it. Megan couldn't quite figure out the sliding on your belly technique so it was pretty funny to watch. We were able to meet a couple of neighbors while we were out playing. They walked over and introduced themselves so that was real nice.
So that brings us to dinner time where we dined on cowboy dinners (tin-foil dinners). Christopher loves cowboy dinners and it has become a tradition for his birthday. During dinner we told him about one more birthday surprise, he and Daddy would be going to the Indians and Rays baseball game. He was so excited and it was just the boost he needed to kick him out of his birthday busyiness exhaustion. Megan was sad that she did not get to go but she too was pretty tired so I was blessed with an early bedtime for her.
That about sums it up and as you can see it was a great day. Thank you to the family and friends for all the phone calls and the thoughtful gifts. Thanks for helping make it a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Happy Birthday Christopher!! We miss you guys but are glad you're having fun in your new home!
Christopher, you are getting so big! I'm glad you had a great birthday!
Christopher, by attending that Indians/Rays game, you have officially been to more Major League Baseball games than me.
Post a Comment