Thursday, May 15, 2008

Teeth, Toes and Trivia

I guess it is time to document some recent happenings around our house. Last Thursday (May 8), Nathan cut his first tooth. I noticed it as I was putting him in the car and announced that Nathan had a tooth coming in. When I got home I told Matt and tried to show him. As I put my finger in his mouth I could feel that it had already cut through. He is a bit younger than his siblings were when they began to sprout teeth but he was just as good about it. I feel very fortunate to have good teethers. I never know that my children are getting teeth until one day I see it sticking up out of the gums, no fussing for me. Nathan was cute the first couple of days as we could see him feeling it with his tongue and occasionally checking it out with his fingers. It is so fun watching him grow up and explore his little world.

Megan has quite a fetish for cleaning her feet. When she sits down to relax you can almost always find her inspecting her toes. She strategically spreads each toe and slides her finger between the toes to remove any debris. It is quite comical, but she really made me laugh the other day when she started with Nathan. We were at Target and Megan was in the seat of the cart with Nathan down in the basket. Megan turned around and was playing with Nathan and decided to clean his hands in the same manner. At one point I heard her scold Nathan and say, "hold still Nathan I need to clean your fingers." Yesterday, I sat down to feed Nathan and Megan came and sat down next to me. She noticed that Nathan had bare feet and quickly grabbed a foot and yanked those little toes apart to begin her inspection. I guess the moral of the story is, make sure you don't have dirty feet when Megan is around.

One final story, on Tuesday I drove Matt to the airport early in the morning. My Dad was in town so he stayed at the house with Christopher and Megan. My Dad was downstairs and Megan found him and began speaking very quickly and grabbed his hand to lead him upstairs. When they got upstairs he found Christopher standing in his room naked. He explained how he could not find any Levi's that didn't have holes in the knees so he didn't know what to where to school. Papa suggested he start by putting on some underwear. He opened his drawer to find some and Megan said, :can I have my dollar now?" Christopher put on the underwear and kindly handed Megan a dollar. Papa asked for an explanation and Christopher explained that he told Megan he would give her a dollar if she got Papa for him. I got a good kick out of that. When I got home I told him that was a lot of money and he could have given her a nickel or a quarter and he said, "well I wasn't going to give her my five dollar bill." Oh the world of bribery begins.

5 comments:

Sarah S said...

The bribery is pretty funny!

As I'm typing this, Eli is still not going down for a nap. STINKER!

Young Family said...

Megan always makes me laugh.

Joe said...

Christopher cracks me up.

cathy said...

Christopher could have followed the example of the rest of the family that say " remember I owe it to you". I am proud that he paid up! I guess his next series of lessons needs to concentrate on the value of money.

Krazy Khania said...

I love that tooth!